Privacy at Ohio State
Our Privacy Principles
- We provide notice that explains how we collect, use and share personal information. We don’t use it for other purposes.
- We provide and honor choices when collecting personal information for a marketing purpose.
- We make it easy for individuals to access and request corrections to their personal information.
- We implement new technologies using privacy-by-design.
- We secure personal information and investigate reports of unauthorized or inappropriate access to personal information.
- We create, educate and lead best practices and compliance across our communities.
How is personal data collected and used at Ohio State?
Our mission is to cultivate our community’s long-standing trust that Ohio State collects, uses, and shares personal information transparently and appropriately. Click on the statements below to learn more about how personal information is collected, used and shared at the university.