Privacy at Ohio State
We value the privacy of everyone who visits, works, supports, and learns at Ohio State.
Our Privacy Principles
- We provide notice that explains how we collect, use and share personal information. We don’t use it for other purposes.
- We provide and honor choices when collecting personal information for a marketing purpose.
- We make it easy for individuals to access and request corrections to their personal information.
- We implement new technologies using privacy-by-design.
- We secure personal information and investigate reports of unauthorized or inappropriate access to personal information.
- We create, educate and lead best practices and compliance across our communities.
How is personal data collected and used at Ohio State?
Our mission is to cultivate our community’s long-standing trust that Ohio State collects, uses and shares personal information transparently and appropriately. Select the statements below to learn more about how personal information is collected, used and shared at the university.
How can I help Ohio State protect privacy?
Discover more about privacy and what you can do to protect your information as a student, faculty, staff or other associate of Ohio State. We are also looking for university employees to become Privacy Pros to help the university uphold our privacy principles.
What else is happening with privacy at Ohio State?
- Year In Review: Read our 2020 Privacy Program Year in Review to see what we accomplished together last year.
- Learn about Cybersecurity: The Cybersecurity for You (C4U) awareness platform provides cybersecurity training and awareness on topics that help you in your role at the university and beyond. You'll earn points while learning which can be redeemed for rewards.