IT for Instructors and Staff
If you are new to Ohio State, get started with these essential first steps.
Resources essential for “doing business” at Ohio State.
- Workday: Finance, human resources, payroll and supply chain service system
- BuckeyeLink - Faculty/Staff: Shortcut to all faculty/staff logins in the student information system
- Data Services: Tableau, Data Lake, Data Catalog, Data Governance and more
- Historical Reporting: Peoplesoft Finance, HR, eMaterials, eRequest, etc.
If your role requires you to use any of these systems regularly, you will receive the bi-weekly NewsLink newsletter.
Get IT Help
The IT Service Desk offers 24-hour support, seven days a week.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 614-688-4357
- Self service and chat support: go.osu.edu/it
If in-person support is required at a BuckeyeBar, schedule an appointment using our bookings page at go.osu.edu/BBarBooking.
Resources essential for teaching at Ohio State.
- CarmenCanvas: The university’s learning management system
- BuckeyeLink - Faculty Center: Access to class rosters, grade rosters and the schedule of classes
- Vita: Promotion and tenure system
- Classroom Search: Classrooms managed by OTDI with specs and photos
- Room Reservations: List of contacts to reserve a space on campus
Get Classroom Help
For classroom support, equipment loan and software installation requests, contact Classroom Services.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 614-688-4357 (HELP), option 4
Get eLearning Tool Help
Find eLearning tool (including CarmenCanvas) and teaching support points of contact on the Teaching and Learning Resource Center help page.