BuckeyeLearn Course Ratings and Reviews Feature
The BuckeyeLearn team is excited to share a new feature designed with the learner in mind – the ability to submit reviews for the courses a learner has successfully completed. Every learner’s journey is unique, and beginning Friday, February 9, they can share their insights to help others on their own educational path through the use of new “Course Rating and Reviews” functionality.
How to share learner insights:
Ready to be a voice in our learning community? Visit our Course Ratings and Reviews resource to learn more. Course Ratings and Reviews functionality is only required for some training titles. For most online courses in BuckeyeLearn, it is up to each area's Organizational Unit administrator to enable the functionality for a specific training.
Why the learner’s opinion matters:
The wealth of experiences we all have as adult learners is invaluable. By allowing a learner to share their thoughts through Course Ratings Reviews, we're recognizing the expertise and diverse perspectives a learner brings to the table. A learner’s journey not only benefits them; it enriches the entire learning community.
Contributing to continuous improvement:
Learner feedback is a catalyst for improvement. Whether highlighting the strengths of a course or providing respectful and constructive criticism, learner reviews contribute to the continuous enhancement of offerings in BuckeyeLearn. Every learner brings a unique perspective that can shape the evolution of course for the better.
Here's to the power of every learner’s voice and continued learning success!
Check out the end of this post for a list of course that currently are required to have the functionality enabled.
- Reviews are public.
- This functionality is presently only for available for online courses.
- This functionality will be required for only a handful of trainings. Organizational Unit administrators have the option to turn this on for each of their online courses. They can do so by following the Adding Course Rating and Review to an Online Course job aid.
- Admins can report on their course’s ratings and reviews.
- Why we are adding this functionality:
- Reviews provide valuable feedback to course creators and instructors. This information can be used to identify areas of improvement, update content, and enhance the overall learning experience.
- Positive reviews can serve as testimonials, assuring potential learners of the course's quality. This can boost the credibility and reputation of the course.
- Reviews help learners identify the strengths and weaknesses of a course, enabling them to make informed decisions about whether the course aligns with their learning goals.
- Continuous feedback allows course providers to adapt to changing learner needs and preferences. This adaptability ensures that courses remain relevant and effective over time.
Courses with Ratings and Reviews Requirements
Environmental Health and Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Hazard Communication
- Building Emergency Action Plan (BEAP)
- Bloodborne Pathogens/Health & Safety - College of Dentistry
- Laboratory Standard
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Business and Finance
- Payment Card Compliance (PCI)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley-Act (GLBA)
- Youth Activities and Programs Policy
Office of Institutional Equity
- Report = Support! Identifying and Responding to Sexual Misconduct
- Report = Support Recharge! Identifying and Responding to Sexual Misconduct
- U Got This!
- U Got This Recharge!
- U Got This 2!
Office of Technology and Digital Innovation (OTDI)
- Digital Accessibility Policy
- Accessibility Fundamentals: Disabilities, Guidelines, and Laws
- Accessibility Fundamentals: Disability Etiquette Basics
- Document Accessibility: Microsoft Word
OTDI Digital Security and Trust
- Institutional Data Policy
Student Academic Excellence
- The Ohio State University's Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collin’s Law Anti-Hazing
- Prescription Drug Safety
- Mental Wellbeing
- Buck-I-Care about Consent
- Food Allergens: Resources
- Food Allergens: Top 9 Allergens
Wexner Medical Center
- HIPAA and Institutional Data Compliance
- HIPAA and Institutional Data Compliance Annual