University BuckeyeBox Accounts Inactivated on May 23
Remember when we moved your BuckeyeBox files to OneDrive? We are now taking the next step to retire BuckeyeBox by inactivating university accounts.
On May 23, you will no longer be able to log in to your Box account. Although we are confident that all of your files have been moved to your OneDrive account, this will be your last chance to verify that you have everything you need from Box and download any remaining files from box.osu.edu.
We have identified users who have collaborations in files owned by individuals outside of Ohio State. If you have external collaborations, you will soon receive a note from us about ensuring those collaborations continue.
This does not apply to medical center users. Wexner Medical Center team members are still completing their transition and will have a different inactivation date; Medical Center employees can follow this link to contact their support team with questions.
Impact of Inactive Accounts on University Users
When your account is moved from “active” to “inactive,” you will no longer be able to log in to Box:
- You will not be able to log into Box using your university address and will automatically be logged out of all mobile apps/devices that are connected to your BuckeyeBox account.
- Any code or scripts that were created by you or your IT department, to enable you to use BuckeyeBox credentials, or use of a Box token for login, will be disabled.
- All BuckeyeBox collaborations and shared links will become inactive. Anyone collaborating with an account that you own will also lose access to those folders or files.
- Box accounts will be permanently deleted in July when our contract with Box ends.
Impact on Collaborations Outside of Ohio State
- Collaborating in files you own.
- Collaborators outside of Ohio State will no longer see BuckeyeBox files that you owned and collaborated on. Shared links created to BuckeyeBox will no longer work.
- Because Wexner Medical Center is not yet inactive, they will also no longer see any BuckeyeBox files that you owned and collaborated on with them.
- Collaborating in files owned outside Ohio State
- We will contact you about how to re-establish these collaborations with users outside of Ohio State. Solutions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
The Administrative Resource Center (ARC) also includes helpful information about using OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams at Ohio State (log in required). If you need additional help, the IT Service Desk offers 24-hour support, seven days a week.