Ohio State AWS Remote Office Hours Begin Dec. 4
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is expanding support for existing Ohio State AWS users and for Ohio State employees interested in learning more about AWS. Starting Wednesday, Dec. 4, the AWS Support Team assigned to Ohio State will host weekly “AWS Remote Office Hours” every Wednesday from 3 to 5 p.m.
Schedule a Session and Join from Anywhere
Remote Office Hour sessions with AWS are held online and/or by phone with an AWS Technical Account Manager (TAM). AWS Remote Office Hours are free and open to any Ohio State employee currently using or interested in using AWS for a research project, key initiative, or proof of concept. Each session lasts a maximum of 30 minutes. Sessions must be booked in advance. To book an appointment:
- Navigate your web browser to https://go.osu.edu/awsofficehours.
- Sign into Office365 using your Ohio State username and password.
- From the AWS Remote Office Hours landing page do the following:
- Select a service. Note: You must select a service to see the available dates and times.
- Select a date and time. Open slots begin December 4 forward.
- Provide your name, university email address and phone number where you can be reached.
- Accept terms and conditions, then click the “Book” button.
An email confirmation and calendar invite will be sent to you automatically. You will also receive two additional email reminders ahead of your appointment. The email reminder sent the day before your session will contain the URL link you will need to connect. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive these notifications.
The topics the AWS Support Team can cover during a remote session:
- Application Development / Architecture Consult: Contextual guidance on how AWS services fit together to meet your specific use case, workload or application, as well as directional cost estimation.
- Troubleshooting Consult: Investigation into possible causes for challenges that are arising for current projects
- Third-Party Software Consult: Guidance, configuration and troubleshooting of AWS interoperability with many common operating systems, platforms and application stack components.
- AWS Account Management and Billing Consult: Guidance on implementing billing and account best practices so that you can focus on what matters: running your business / research initiatives.
- General Consult: Consults on any AWS-related topics not covered above. A great option for Ohio State employees new to AWS or just aren’t sure where to start.
On site office hours held bi-weekly Tuesdays will also continue. If you have questions about AWS Remote Office Hours, feel free to contact us