Link Your Existing AWS Accounts
OCIO is continuing its efforts with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to link accounts obtained by faculty and staff through aws.amazon.com to the Ohio State AWS enterprise program. In most cases, users created these accounts before the Ohio State AWS service was launched.
On Wednesday, April 10, AWS sent out a communication on Ohio State’s behalf to the owners of aws.amazon.com accounts with Ohio State email addresses. The purpose of the communication was to:
- Remind account holders that Ohio State now has an AWS enterprise program.
- Provide guidance on linking their existing aws.amazon.com account to the Ohio State AWS enterprise program: https://it.osu.edu/ohio-state-aws-readiness-checklist.
Ohio State faculty and staff with aws.amazon.com accounts MUST link their accounts under the Ohio State AWS program if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Account is used for university business.
- Account contains university data.
- Account is paid by the university or reimbursed using university funds.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.