iPad and Swift Coding in Your Classroom
Digital Flagship, Ohio State’s new digital learning initiative and collaboration with Apple, brings a variety of instructional opportunities; the first iOS Design Center in North America and an incoming class of students united by common technology, to name a few. There’s a lot to look forward to in the coming months. If you’re looking to get a jump start on these exciting changes, we encourage you to join us for a series of workshops that showcase ways to use iPad and Swift coding in your teaching. These workshops will provide inspiration and practical tips so you can start incorporating coding and digital learning in your classroom.
EVERYONE CAN CODE
Apple’s new teaching and learning resources for app development can help your students solve problems, work together across disciplines and bring their ideas to life. Join us for a 90-minute workshop to learn about Everyone Can Code, a new approach to coding that gives everyone the power to learn, write and teach code. You’ll hear about the new Swift Playgrounds app that includes lessons for beginners, and you’ll explore curriculum materials for college students that make it easy to build coding into your curriculum.
Attend this Workshop:
- Columbus Campus: Tuesday, February 13 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Mansfield Campus: Wednesday, February 14 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lima Campus: Tuesday, March 27 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Marion Campus: Wednesday, March 28 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Columbus Campus: Thursday, March 29 from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Wooster ATI: Tuesday, April 17 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Newark Campus: Wednesday, April 18 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
TEACHING AND LEARNING WITH IPAD
Join us for a hands-on session to explore how to maximize iPad in the classroom and make digital learning more flexible and mobile than ever before. We’ll demonstrate apps, workflows and new features in iOS 11 that you can use to enhance teaching and productivity. Find new inspiration for your courses and ask questions of our iPad experts.
Attend this Workshop:
- Columbus Campus: Tuesday, February 13 from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Mansfield Campus: Wednesday, February 14 from 12:35 to 2 p.m.
- Lima Campus: Tuesday, March 27 from 2:15 to 3:30 p.m.
- Marion Campus: Wednesday, March 28 from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Columbus Campus: Thursday, March 29 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Wooster ATI: Tuesday, April 17 from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Newark Campus: Wednesday, April 18 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Questions about these workshops or the Digital Flagship Initiative? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.