Move WiFi@OSU Connected Devices to Registered4OSU by August 5
In 2020, the Office of Technology and Digital Innovation (OTDI) introduced a new Wi-Fi network tailored to the Ohio State community and their “internet of things” devices: Registered4OSU. This secure network is designed for devices without browsers, or devices that do not support the necessary configuration for osuwireless—devices like a Nintendo Switch, Apple TV or printer.
On August 5, 2022 the previous network, WiFi@OSU, will no longer support these devices. If you currently have a device connected to this network you will need to move and register your device for Registered4OSU. All individuals with affected devices will receive a direct email.
Connecting a device to Registered4OSU is simple. Visit the My Devices page and follow the prompts to register a new device. Once registered, you will receive an email with a unique password, specific to your device. Use this password to connect to the Registered4OSU network and enjoy secure Wi-Fi on your device at Ohio State. For more information on the Registered4OSU network review the knowledge base article.
- Go to http://go.osu.edu/mydevices
- Enter your Ohio State Internet Username and Password, and approve the DUO push sent to your device
- NOTE: The DUO push will be automatically sent to your primary device
- Select Register a new device from the list of "Helpful Links"
- Enter in MAC address of the device you want to register, a description of the device, select the applicable device type, and agree to the acceptable use policy, then select Register
- Check your email to receive your Wi-Fi password required to connect to the Registered4OSU network (Wi-Fi passwords for IT administrator registrations will be sent to the email address entered during registration)
- Connect the device to Registered4OSU and enter the Wi-Fi password provided in the device registration email
You can have up to five personal devices registered to you at a time. Remember, there is no need to register your laptops, tablets or smartphones since they can connect directly to osuwireless.
In addition to added security, your device registration will last a full year. When registering your devices, you will also have the ability to share the device, for example, an Apple TV, with your roommate or a colleague in your department.
For additional help, contact the IT Service Desk 24/7 via: