Changes to Ohio State AWS Office Hours Begin Jan. 21
The Ohio State University has a dedicated team of Amazon Web Services (AWS) support experts available to consult with Ohio State employees interested in using AWS for research, projects/initiatives, or operational efforts. We offer consultations with the AWS team each week during established AWS Office Hours.
Scheduling a Consultation
The following changes to AWS on-site and online office hours will take effect January 21:
In-Person AWS Office Hours will now occur bi-weekly Thursdays from 1 - 4 p.m. Onsite AWS support has also moved from Pomerene Hall to the Research Commons. In-person consultations are 30 minutes and are available by appointment only. Click here to schedule an In-Person Consultation.
Online AWS Office Hours will now occur every Tuesday from 3 - 4:30 p.m. Online consultations with AWS occur by phone or online. Online consultations are 30 minutes and are available by appointment only. Click here to schedule an Online Consultation.
How a Consultation Can Help
AWS Office Hours are open to all current Ohio State employee. Employees can leverage AWS Office Hours to consult with AWS experts on any of the following topics:
- Application Development / Architecture Consult: AWS experts can provide contextual guidance on how AWS services fit together to meet your specific use case, workload or application, as well as directional cost estimation.
- Troubleshooting Consult: If you are facing challenges completing current projects using Ohio State AWS, a consultant can help you investigate, identify and resolve possible causes.
- Third-Party Software Consult: Are you using Ohio State AWS with concert with third-party software? An AWS expert can guide you in configuring and troubleshooting AWS interoperability with many common operating systems, platforms and application stack components.
- AWS Account Management and Billing Consult: Guidance on implementing billing and account best practices allows you to focus on what matters: running your business / research initiatives.
- General Consult: An AWS expert can also help you navigate any AWS-related topics not listed above. You may want to schedule a general consult if you are new to AWS and just aren’t sure where to start.
If you have questions about AWS Office Hours or the changes shared in this post, feel free to contact us.