Microsoft Teams is Now Available
Collaborate, communicate, and customize with this Office 365 application
Microsoft Teams is now available to all faculty, staff, students, and guests at The Ohio State University. Teams brings together people, conversations and content, integrating the tools that teams need to collaborate more easily. It is a cloud application that seamlessly integrates with other Office programs, some familiar and some new.
Teams allows you to share assets like calendars, files and email, too. For example, you can use Planner to collaborate on project plans seamlessly, in real-time. Learn more about Planner in Microsoft Teams.
Managing Your Office 365 Team
- Access Microsoft Teams on the Office 365 Login Page by visiting office365.osu.edu.
- Click on "Log in to Teams." Log in with your Ohio State username and password.
- In the Teams application, find the Team name in the left column
- Click the ellipses (...) to the right of the Team's name and choose Manage Team
- In the top right, click Add member, search for the person you want to add, and click Add
- Assign the new addition the appropriate role and access. Roles default to “member,” but if the person you are adding should be an owner, click the down arrow to the right of the name and choose Owner. You can switch someone from Owner to Member here as well.
- To remove someone from the Team, find the name in the Manage Team page, then click the X to the far right of their name
Learn more about the features available in Microsoft Teams and check out the ways other users interact with Teams to improve collaboration in the classroom and the workplace. The initial roll out of Teams will include all features EXCEPT Voice/Calling and Video/Conferencing. These features are included in Skype for Business.
Linked below are some other helpful resources for Microsoft Teams information.
- Learn how to use MS Teams
- Slack vs Microsoft Teams: Read a full comparison of Slack and Microsoft Teams
- What is Microsoft Teams?
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center has NOT approved Microsoft Teams for use by medical center employees.
If you need assistance with Microsoft Teams, contact the IT Service Desk for support: