Help Enterprise Security Build a Great Educational Experience
Do you wonder what cybersecurity really is and why it matters? Does it seem like you’re always hearing about new “hacks” and vulnerabilities on the news? Wouldn’t it be nice if someone demystified cybersecurity for you? Would you like to have a resource where you could learn – in plain English – the importance of cybersecurity and how to protect yourself?
We’re here to help! Enterprise Security has been hard at work creating an incentive platform, Cybersecurity for You, to gamify cybersecurity awareness. The platform will be similar to Your Plan for Health, with incentives, challenges and tips you can put to use daily. While traditional cybersecurity awareness programs focus on once-a-year training and compliance, our new program will offer incentives for completing a variety of cybersecurity content. It’s all about getting you the information you need to protect yourself and your family online.
You will choose the content you want to pursue. You’ll complete quests, earn points, gain levels and get rewarded! In this program, you can learn how to:
- Develop safe online habits: You can reduce your likelihood of becoming a statistic of cybercrime. It doesn't take significant time or effort to take steps that safeguard your digital life.
- Protect Personal Devices: We live in an age where we can access our entire lives from our pocket. We need to protect the devices that hold critical personal information.
- Protect Your Identity: One of your most important assets is your identity. Protect it by understanding the risks.
- Avoid Threats: Educate yourself to recognize threats to avoid in the digital world, including how to identify and report phishing attempts.
- Learn to Protect Your Family Online: We’ll give you tips and advice to help protect your kids online.
As a bonus, any time that you spend engaging with Cybersecurity for You, will also earn credits toward for completing annual employee security awareness requirements.
Incentives will include things like Ohio State stickers and custom merchandise you won’t find anywhere else.
Help Build Something Great
To build a great program we need great ideas. Please join us to become part of our pilot group! We’re looking for student employees, faculty, staff and researchers to provide feedback. You’ll use the site and take a short survey – requiring about 1 hour of your time (at your convenience) between Oct. 9 and Oct. 31. We want your ideas and feedback!
If you have additional questions regarding the program, please email email@example.com.