Azure Services Core Concepts
This learning path will cover business and Azure fundamentals, introduction to the Azure management tools and Azure administration essentials.
Prerequisites: Your manager’s approval and general IT technical knowledge.
Disclaimer: To comply with university policies and requirements, there may be tools, services and access permissions mentioned in the assigned courses that are not available through the Ohio State Azure service.
Section 1: Business Basics (Required)
Choose one of the following Soft Skills for Technicians courses:
- Management Foundations, LinkedIn Learning – 2h 59m
- Business Writing Principles, LinkedIn Learning – 1h 32m
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence, LinkedIn Learning – 1h 10m
- Efficient Time Management, LinkedIn Learning – 1h 58m
Section 2: Azure Services Basics (Required)
This section leverages the LinkedIn Learning learning path and other resources.
Learning 1: Exam Prep: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) – 1h 33m
Experience with Microsoft Azure—one of the most prominent cloud platforms—is a highly sought-after skill for aspiring cloud administrators. The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) exam is an ideal way to jump into Azure training at the ground level.
Learning 2: Learning Azure Management Tools – 1h 45m
This course provides an introduction to the four key Azure management tools: The Azure portal, the Azure CLI, PowerShell, and JSON templates. This beginner-level course is ideal for IT pros who have some experience with Azure but are looking for hands-on guidance to explore each of these tools and the solutions they provide.
Learning 3: Azure Administration Essential Training – 3h 7m
Get a cloud administrator's view of Microsoft Azure. Course covers the essentials of Azure, providing an inside look at working with its cloud-based storage and networking services, which can scale up or down as your organization changes.
Section 3: Deeper Dive (Select One)
- Microsoft Azure - What is cloud computing?
- Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure
- Microsoft Learn - Introduction to Azure
- Microsoft - Predict costs and optimize spending for Azure – 1h 9m: Cost is one of the most important aspects of the cloud and can have a massive impact on your business. Azure has several tools available to help you get a better understanding of cloud spend and some best practices that you can leverage to help you save money