HR/FIN PeopleSoft and Legacy Reporting Retirement Reminder
As shared in October, progress continues on the retirement of the legacy reporting systems tied to PeopleSoft HR and Finance, and will be complete at the end of calendar year 2021. In preparation for the shutdown, multiple activities have been completed or are ongoing to ensure that business and data analysts will have access to legacy data as needed.
Activity highlights include:
- Access for legacy reporting systems (BuckIQ and eReports) will be disabled for all users at 5 p.m. on December 17, 2021.
- Access for PeopleSoft systems/databases (FIN, eMaterials, Payroll, HCM, eRequest, and eLeave) will be disabled for all users at 5 p.m. on December 31, 2021.
- All systems will officially be retired after December 31, 2021. However, we will extend access to the legacy systems for a few users, so that those individuals can complete pending work and respond to urgent or critical legacy data requests before January 21, 2022.
- Access for those final, few users will be removed at 5 p.m. on January 21, 2022, at which point we will begin the decommissioning process.
- Systems will be completely decommissioned on January 31, 2022.
- Full archive backups of the PeopleSoft databases are complete and in place.
- PeopleSoft data needed for historical reporting has been copied into the Reporting and Analytics Environment (RAE) database, as well as data that powered eReports and BuckIQ from the legacy data warehouses (Employee Analytics, GL Analytics, Financial Data Warehouse), and data from eRequest, eTravel, HRA, and other legacy systems.
- A set of self-service historical reports utilizing the data previously mentioned has been deployed in Tableau for both HR and Finance: https://go.osu.edu/historicalreports.
- Various teams across campus are prepared to address emerging historical data or reporting needs as they arise.
- Consult the Administrative Resources Center (ARC) for your reporting lead's contact information. https://admin.resources.osu.edu/reporting-and-data-tools/workday-reporting/finding-help-with-workday-reporting-and-data.
- If you still have questions about getting historical data or reporting help after consulting the information in the previous link, please contact the Service Desk by calling 614-688-4357 (HELP) or emailing email@example.com and ask that your question be routed to the “Administrative Services Data Warehouse” group.
- If you are still unsure of where to go for historical data assistance, please contact CIO-RAE-Admin@osu.edu.