Learn About Privacy Policies
University policies and privacy statements explain how your personal information is collected, used and shared.
The university publishes policies that provide more information about how we collect, use, protect and share your personal information. Here are the key policies that address privacy:
- Privacy and Release of Student Education Records - to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, which sets forth requirements designed to protect the privacy of student education records.
- Institutional Data - to outline the appropriate use and protection of the university’s institutional data while preserving the open, information-sharing culture of its academic mission.
- Responsible Use of University and Network Resources - to provide expectations to support the responsible use of university computing resources.
- Information Security Incident Response Management - to require that information security events are reported and investigated to determine whether data breaches have occurred that trigger specific notification requirements.
The university publishes privacy principles and statements on its websites and apps to provide more information about how we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information.
- Web Privacy Statement - to let you know what information we collect about you, how we use it and when we share it with others.
- Cookie Statement - to let you know about cookies and how Ohio State uses them to enhance your web experience.
- SMS Texting Information - to let you know about Ohio State's SMS texting terms and conditions and the do-not-call procedure.
- GDPR Statement - to let you know how Ohio State is working to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- Application Use Statement - to provide the monitoring notice for data users.