Recommended Training Resources
The following is a list of recommended optional trainings and resources related to digital accessibility. Check back often, as Digital Accessibility Services (DAS) will continue to add to this list!
Note: While DAS recommends these resources for faculty and staff who want to learn more about digital accessibility, they are not required at this time. To learn more about required trainings, please contact your Digital Accessibility Coordinator.
- Microsoft Accessibility Helpline
- Accessibility for Web Design Training Video
- Accessible U -- Creating an Accessible Syllabus Video Playlist
- Accessible U -- Creating Accessible Slide Presentations Video Playlist
- Accessible U -- Creating Accessible Social Media
- Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office Training Video
- Creating Accessible PDFs Training Video
- Web AIM accessibility introduction and best practices
- Accessibility resources from Indiana University
- VPAT Overview -- What is a VPAT and How is it Used?
(Some of the trainings listed above require access to Lynda.com. If you do not currently have a Lynda.com account, you can obtain a free account here.)
Note: If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing training content for any of the Lynda.com courses referenced above, please call the OCIO's Accessibility Help Line at 292-5000 to request assistance.