New Group and Athletic Travel Agencies Awarded
After a formal competitive bid process, the university has awarded new contracts to serve the university’s group and athletic business travel:
- Effective October 1, 2019, all Group (non-Athletics) Business Travel must be booked through STA Travel. See the OSU Travel Website to link to more information. Note: Group Travel must consist of 10 or more individuals traveling for university business to a common place for a common purpose, sharing the same itinerary.
- Effective October 1, 2019, all Athletics Business Travel must be booked through Anthony Travel. See the Athletics Business Office for more information. Note: Athletic travel must consist of Athletics teams and individuals associated with an athletic event or athletic business purpose.
eTravel System Changes
Important system changes effective September 27, 2019.
eTravel system changes necessary to accommodate the recent group travel agency change will be published to production on Friday, September 27. Changes include:
- Group Travel Check Box
Checking the group travel box indicates the travel request meets one of the following criteria. The box should remain unchecked if not part of these demographics:
- Group Travel: Travel must consist of 10 or more individuals traveling for university business to a common place for a common purpose, sharing the same itinerary (not related to individual business or athletic travel).
- Athletics Travel: Travel must consist of Athletics teams and individuals associated with an athletic event or athletic business purpose.
- Estimated Cost and Agency Selection Group/Athletic Travel
Entry for estimated costs for Airfare has been modified to accommodate the new agency selections. System users should select Transportation [Category] and Airfare [Type]. Upon selecting Airfare [Type], a dropdown list will appear to selection of the applicable agency.
- Select Athletics Only (Anthony Travel) for Athletics Business Travel
- Select Group Only (STA Travel) for Group Business Travel
Critical Dates for Consideration
- September 26 - Deadline for approval in the eTravel system of any travel requests associated with the incumbent agency for Group/Athletics.
- September 30 - Last date to reserve and secure payment for travel expenses for Group/Athletics through the incumbent agency.
- October 1 - Start date for contract with STA Travel and Anthony Travel; users can begin to coordinate travel arrangements. Note: A system generated T# is required at time of purchase.
If you have questions regarding the transition between Group/Athletic travel agencies, please consult the OSU Travel Office at email@example.com or 614/292-9290.