BuckeyePass To Protect eRequest, eTravel and HRA Systems
Ohio State is expanding its use of multi-factor authentication to increase the level of security that prevents unauthorized individuals from accessing university information.
We will enable BuckeyePass, powered by Duo, on Thursday, August 29, for eRequest, eTravel and HRA Systems. Adding BuckeyePass to the login process significantly decreases the danger of credential theft and improves the safety of institutional data.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
If you are already using BuckeyePass, you don't need to take any action. You will be prompted to use BuckeyePass when you log in to these systems.
- If you have not registered for BuckeyePass, visit buckeyepass.osu.edu to register your mobile devices.
- We highly recommend that you register at least two devices.
- Don’t have a second smartphone, tablet or landline phone to register? No problem!
- Request passcodes from the Duo login screen by clicking "Enter a Passcode" followed by "Text me new codes."
- Consider printing these or storing a screenshot of the codes in a place you can access without your mobile device. This list of 10 codes lasts for one year and can be used in case your primary device is lost, stolen or forgotten.
- You should keep your mobile device with you so you always have access to Ohio State systems protected by BuckeyePass.
- If you manage any sponsored guests, please inform them that the use of BuckeyePass is expanding.
For questions about multi-factor authentication in general, please contact email@example.com. For technical support, please contact the IT Service Desk by phone 614-688-HELP (4357), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging in online at go.osu.edu/it.