Accessibility Coordinators are responsible for communicating training requirements to faculty and staff in their units and taking coordinator-specific trainings provided by DAS.
Annual Training for Faculty and Staff
All Ohio State faculty, staff and student employees are required to take annual Digital Accessibility Policy training if they acquire, develop or deliver digital information or digital services. Faculty and staff who are required to take this training will be notified and the Digital Accessibility Policy training will be assigned to their transcript in BuckeyeLearn. All identified faculty and staff must complete this training by December 31, 2019.
Training for Accessibility Coordinators
In addition to annual Digital Accessibility Policy training, Accessibility Coordinators must complete trainings provided by DAS to help them implement the policy within their college or VP unit.
Proposed Process and Tools
- Meet with your leadership annually to determine who should take the required training.
- Meet with your OU Administrator for Buckeye Learn to get the course assigned to identified faculty and staff with a due date of 12/31/19.
- Assign training either by department number, or with a list of name.n’s
- If you don’t have an OU Administrator for BuckeyeLearn, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get training assigned. Include department number, or list of name.n’s
- Monitor completion progress by filtering the Training Progress Report. (Continue monitoring completion progress with the 2020 Training Progress Report.)
Optional Training Resources for Faculty and Staff
DAS is compiling a list of high-quality, free, and public training resources which can be viewed on the Recommended Training Resources page. These resources cover a wide range of topics and Accessibility Coordinators are encouraged to share this page with faculty and staff as needed. Check back often, as DAS will continue to add to the list!
Accessibility Coordinators will be required to submit training-related information in their Annual Digital Accessibility Report and Plan:
- A list of which faculty, staff and student employees received training and which training(s) they completed.
- The number of staff required to take the training and how many of these staff members completed training during this reporting period.
- Training proposed for faculty, staff and student employees for the upcoming year.