OSU IT Infrastructure Advisory Committee
In the past, decisions regarding IT infrastructure services were based on local needs without broad consideration of how the service could be used across multiple departments. IT leaders across campus have realized that this model of decision making is not in the best interest of the OSU community. This committee was formed as a method for feedback and influence into IT infrastructure decision making processes.
The group's purpose is threefold:
- To provide direction on the deployment of new university-wide infrastructure service offerings to ensure that the university community understands and embraces the services.
- To review current and planned information technology infrastructure service portfolio with the purpose of improving the customer experience and the communication around these services.
- To maximize the adoption of any infrastructure service offerings where appropriate and fiscally prudent.
The committee is comprised of a committee chair, executive sponsorship and IT area representatives based on infrastructure spend and the number of FTE’s supported. The committee also includes a select number of positions from additional IT areas will rotate to ensure diverse IT representation from regional and other areas.
- Committee Chair - Lead the team in prioritizing, planning and evaluating infrastructure services.
- Executive Sponsor - Ensure the decisions of the committee align with university goals.
- Key IT Area Representatives - Long Term members from the top 8 areas in IT infrastructure investment
- Rotating IT Area Representatives - Short term members based on key infrastructure initiatives
- Ex-Officio Representatives - Representatives from other key areas involved in IT infrastructure decisions.
College of Arts and Sciences
Office of the CIO
Office of Distance Education and eLearning
College of Education and Human Ecology
College of Engineering
College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
Health Sciences colleges
Office of Student Life
Wexner Medical Center
Regional Campus Rep
Associate Professor –English, OSU Marion
Chief Information Security Officer (ex-officio)